Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
On this day, so dear to every Catholic heart, we celebrate, in the first place, the moment in which Almighty God showed Mary, through the distance of ages, to our first parents as the Virgin Mother of the divine Redeemer, the woman destined to crush the head of the serpent.
And as by eternal decree she was miraculously exempt from all stain of original sin, and endowed with the richest treasures of grace and sanctity, it is meet that we should honor her glorious prerogatives by this special feast of the Immaculate Conception.
We should join in spirit with the blessed in heaven, and rejoice with our dear Mother, not only for her own sake, but for ours, her children, who are partakers of her glory and happiness.
Secondly, we are called upon to celebrate that ever-memorable day, the 8th of December, 1854, which raised the Immaculate Conception of Our Blessed Lady from a pious belief to the dignity of a dogma of the Infallible Church, causing universal joy among the faithful.
- The Parish Feast Mass will be celebrated on the Grounds by His Lordship Bishop Agnelo Gracias today evening at 7.00 p.m. The statue of Our Lady in the Church will be kept open for veneration till 10pm on Saturday.
- Masses in the Church on Sun, Dec 08:
- 6am and 7am in English
- 8am in Konkani
- 9.15am in Marathi
- 10.30am and 12 noon in English
- This weekend there will be No Mass at St Thomas Church or at Eden Villa or in the Chapel or on the evening of Sun, Dec 08.
- The statue of Our Lady in the Church will be kept open for veneration till 9pm on Sunday.
- Other Announcements for the week.